Monday, November 26, 2007

Ready To Exhale?

Could the squabbles between writers and the studios be over soon? Nikki Finke of the highly reliable Deadline Hollywood Daily has a source that says a deal is about to be met.

"As the WGA strike begins its 4th week, I've been told positive news about today's resumption of contract talks between the writers and the producers. So positive, in fact, that I'm almost fearful to post it. But here goes: a very reliable source tells me that there appears to be a deal seemingly in place between both sides."

This is terrific news considering that I am completely zoned into shows that are currently in production, including...

Dexter - Gina Bellafante wrote a great article in the New York Times about this loveable serial killer who's episode last week broke Showtime's ratings record.

Californication - This show revolves around a gifted author who lets drugs, alcohol and sex get in the way of his writing. While the Red Hot Chili Peppers recently filed a lawsuit against Showtime for the name of the program, here is a great article on why Californication is the perfect show to watch during the strike.

Lost - Filming is suppose to come to a halt on November 30th because of the strike, but maybe this resolution on the horizon is taken from the hit shows "webisodes."

I will keep you posted on the latest speculation regarding the strike, as well as its effect on these shows.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it's over soon. I need my "30 Rock" and I don't mean re-runs.

    ReplyDelete