Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Isn't it Iconic?

Entertainment Weekly has released their list of the 50 Greatest Television Icons Of All Time. Since Hollywood is in a proverbial slap fight, let's take a nastalgic reflection of the good old days. Here are some highlights from the list.

#42. James Gandolfini. While nearly every Sopranos fan hated the series finale, I thought it was brilliant. Then again, I am a colossal television geek.

#32. Henry Winkler. This is an atrocity, flat out. How is EW going to tell me that Arthur "Fonz" Fonzarelli, the man who literally jumped a shark, is not in the top ten? I almost quit this countdown on morals alone.

#25. Heather Locklear. Shwing.

#16. David Letterman. A staple of American television, Letterman is hilarious and timeless. In other words, he makes Leno look like an anxiety-ridden 16-year-old doing stand up at open mic night.

#1. Johnny Carson. While Mr. Late Night was a little before my time, his Best Of series is in my collection. He owned that stage and had his audience hook, line and sinker.

No comments:

Post a Comment