Monday, October 1, 2007

Rockies Mountain High

What an amazing game. My Colorado Rockies have just came back from a two-run deficit in the bottom of the 13th inning to advance to the playoffs for the first time since 1995. In honor of my boys, I am offering my top five baseball films of all time.

5. The Natural. Robert Redford delivers a tour-de-force performance in this period piece. The last five minutes of this film will leave you breathless.

4. The Sandlot. This feel-good coming of age tale has everything you want in a childrens film, except Dennis Leary as a dad.

3. The Babe. John Goodman as the greatest baseball player of all time? Don't mind if I do!

2. Field Of Dreams. While I think that Kevin Costner is one of the most overrated actors of all time, this is one of those rare films where it is okay to shed a man-tear.

1. Major League. I quote this movie at least once a week. From Rick Wild Thing Vaughn, to Willie Mays Hayes, the characters keep this classic comedy roaring. "This ain't the penal leagues!"

Go Rockies!

1 comment:

  1. Great way to work in Rockies-mania to your column. Congrats.

    jeff

    ReplyDelete