Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Want to Ride My Strickecycle

This Writer's Strike while necessary (I am on Team WGA), has been a horrible ordeal. First was the announcement that because of lack of pilots, Dexter was going to be broadcast for CBS. Are you kidding me? Dexter on basic cable is like going to a strip club where they only show ankles and elbows. Then it was the halt halfway through the production of Lost.

Now it seems the two sides (which sort of remind me of a bad sitcom couple) are re-negotiating.
It first started last Saturday, when the New York Times reported that "major roadblocks" were removed from a resolution.

That following Monday the WGA released a statement warning that the deal was not done despite the rumors from the Times. “The facts: We are still in talks and do not yet have a contract," said WGA President Patric Veronne.

Now on Tuesday, with all the anticipation and informal talks taking place, it seemed like all channels of media were walking on eggshells, worried that they might jinx the work that has progressed. However, Deadline Hollywood wrote an in-depth article that went over some key points.
  • A draft is currently being written for a resolution.
  • The draft still might be shot down by the board of the WGA.
  • A letter was issued to all WGA members that stated, "nothing is official, yet."

While this was all "g'd up from the feet up," the real panty dropper came yesterday when The Edge reported that the strike could and will be resolved by the Oscars. A WGA membership meeting is scheduled for Saturday, which might seal the deal.

So what does this actually mean? It means a full-fledged Oscar Ceremony (which is deserving with how good cinema has been lately). It means our favorite shows will be back by fall or even earlier, and it means my social life will continue its downward spiral to me becoming the creepy dude with snakes that smells like catnip and hotdogs. But hey, at least I'll have my Lost!

1 comment:

  1. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete